Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System for Infants and Children (AEPS®), Second Edition
Use to assess
Development of young children in six major areas: fine motor, gross motor, cognitive, adaptive, social-communication, and social. The assessment encompasses preacademic content areas such as preliteracy, numeracy, and pre-writing.
Birth to six years
Early childhood educators and special educators, early interventionists, and therapists, with input from caregivers/parents via the AEPS Family Report
Real progress for all children, from birth to 6
As an early childhood professional, you work hard every day to catch young children’s delays as early as possible, choose effective interventions, and ensure that every child makes real progress. At the same time, you face a host of responsibilities, from meeting accountability mandates to managing reams of paperwork. You need the power of the Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System for Infants and Children (AEPS®), Second Edition: one system that meets all your needs at once.
Seamlessly linking assessment, goal development, intervention, and evaluation, AEPS is the most reliable, effective solution for helping children with and without special needs. Choose AEPS because:
- it’s comprehensive. AEPS is the one system that helps you do it all: assess children, plan meaningful IEPs and IFSPs, corroborate or determine eligibility, meet accountability mandates, and monitor progress.
- it’s a proven, reliable, and highly regarded system that’s been helping children for decades.
- it meets all NAEYC guidelines and DEC recommended practices for assessment.
- it’s easy to use and fits right into your daily schedule.
- it’s great for children with special needs, picking up delays and small increments of progress that most tests miss.
- it saves time, with web-based data management and group assessment activities.
- it’s the family favorite, helping parents learn about their child’s development and addressing their concerns and goals.
What You'll Need
AEPS Administration Guide
AEPS Curriculum for Birth to Three Years
AEPS Curriculum for Three to Six Years
Forms on CD-ROM
Forms on paper
Child Progress Record
AEPS IRR Certification
Photocopiable Spanish translations of all AEPS forms are included in the AEPS Administration Guide.
Get training on AEPS®: A Linked System of Assessment, Evaluation, and Intervention. Presented by Brookes On Location.
For professionals supporting children from birth–6, learn how to identify current skills, develop appropriate goals, choose interventions, and measure progress with AEPS.
For more extensive information on AEPS and the web-based management system AEPSi, visit the website.
Free webinar series on using AEPS virtually.
Now Available! AEPS Interrater Reliability Certification online modules.