Interested in joining the Brookes team?
You can apply for an open position, pursue a Brookes internship, or submit your resume for future consideration if you don’t see a position that matches your skills.
Who we are
Located in Towson, Maryland (just north of Baltimore), Brookes Publishing is an independent highly respected educational publishing company with a strong focus on helping all people—with and without disabilities—achieve their goals and lead fulfilling, self-directed lives. We publish 50+ new titles a year on screening and assessment, autism, literacy, behavior, communication, and more. Learn more about our mission.
To apply please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
ATTN: HR Department
P.O. Box 10624
Baltimore, MD 21285-0624
Fax: (410) 337-2608
Please, no telephone calls—we’ll call you if you’re under consideration for a position. Brookes Publishing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The Customer Service Specialist will facilitate the successful and timely resolution to customer inquiries and needs, as well as accurately and efficiently process orders for timely fulfillment. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Accurately entering and processing phone, mail, website, and fax orders for various products and service.
- Providing professional, courteous, and informative customer service to inbound callers
- Gathering and entering complete and accurate customer and account information into order fulfillment system(s).
- Entering product data into various databases.
- Identifying, promoting, and offering related books, products, and services to customers
- Maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
This position requires:
- 2 years relevant experience; order entry and/or call center experience preferred
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent phone manner and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional suite
The successful candidate will be a creative, outgoing self-starter and a proactive team player who will serve on the working team charged with developing and managing our bestselling print- and web-based data-management systems. The Implementation Specialist will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering effective interactive product training sessions and webinars
- Creating and developing effective instructional content to support users
- Providing accurate and timely set up and maintenance of on-line product subscription accounts
- Partnering with vendors and external technical support providers, to ensure effective and efficient support; document and escalate (as needed) technical support issues
- Establishing relationships with key customers to assist with market research and product beta testing
- Working with product marketing team to define and implement customer communications strategy, establishing and maintaining web community and network for products
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- at least 1 year of experience in a product training, product marketing, or publishing-related position
- Intermediate proficiency in computer operation and the Microsoft Suite programs
- Experience using web-based applications and/or databases
- Excellent telephone presentation skills with demonstrated ability to disseminate technical, educational, and regulatory information
- Excellent writing and content creation skill
- Excellent time-management, organizational, communication, and problem–solving skills
- Knowledge of the education or early childhood education marketplace is a plus
Are you a college student with a strong interest in the editorial and/or marketing aspects of publishing? We offer full- and part-time internships throughout the year. If you’re interested in joining the Brookes team, consult the internship requirements of your college or university and submit a résumé and cover letter that describes your interests and career aspirations.