Interested in joining the Brookes team?
You can apply for an open position, pursue a Brookes internship, or submit your resume for future consideration if you don’t see a position that matches your skills.
Who we are
Located in Towson, Maryland (just north of Baltimore), Brookes Publishing is an independent highly respected educational publishing company with a strong focus on helping all people—with and without disabilities—achieve their goals and lead fulfilling, self-directed lives. We publish 50+ new titles a year on screening and assessment, autism, literacy, behavior, communication, and more. Learn more about our mission.
To apply please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
ATTN: HR Department
P.O. Box 10624
Baltimore, MD 21285-0624
Fax: (410) 337-2608
Please, no telephone calls—we’ll call you if you’re under consideration for a position. Brookes Publishing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The successful candidate will be a creative, outgoing self-starter, and a proactive team player responsible for:
- Managing planning, flawless execution, and analysis of all email campaigns including customer segmentation, list selection, automations, testing protocol, and technical execution
- Collaborating with marketing managers to design email campaigns, manage campaign calendar, define performance objectives, develop testing strategies, and provide recommendations for optimization
- Managing and driving timely execution of the email calendar, including nurture, trigger, stage, and re-targeting campaigns within the marketing automation platform
- Collaborating with marketing managers to develop high-performing creative assets; writing and assigning content for monthly newsletters, customer retention and lead generation emails
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing testing strategies for improving email results
- Ensuring emails follow industry policies and best practices, including compliance with CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR
- Maintaining voice and brand in all customer and prospect communication.
- Keeping abreast of CRM and campaign standard methodologies, new Salesforce Marketing Cloud features to optimize platform capabilities and campaign performance
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 4 years of experience in interactive marketing and/or communication
- Demonstrated success in creating, executing, and analyzing email marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated skill in using HTML and CSS to build emails
- Experience with email automation, HTML, and email marketing software platforms required.
- Experience managing and growing list size of 500K+ emails
- Experience creating email templates quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrable knowledge of setting up A/B testing for email marketing.
- Some experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Exact Target, Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Excellent communication organizational, analytical, data interpretation, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
Are you a college student with a strong interest in the editorial and/or marketing aspects of publishing? We offer full- and part-time internships throughout the year. If you’re interested in joining the Brookes team, consult the internship requirements of your college or university and submit a résumé and cover letter that describes your interests and career aspirations.