Virtual ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session FAQs
Please note that we have a specific number of seats available for the Institute. The demand is high and seating is limited and will fill quickly. We cannot guarantee that seating will be available through the registration cutoff date. Registration may be closed prior to the cutoff date due to reaching maximum capacity.
Please refer to the ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session page for important deadlines.
About the Institute
Q: How do I participate in the Virtual ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session?
Joining the Training through Zoom
Each Zoom meeting has a unique Zoom invitation link and password. You will be sent the Zoom link by email. When you receive the link, you will need to “register” for the training (please do so ahead of time). To register for the training:
- You will need to complete the Zoom registration form.
- After registering, you will receive an automated email with an access link. The link is unique to you. Do not forward or share it.
Plan to join the training about 10 minutes before the start time. This will allow you to address any technological issues before the meeting begins. When you join the training, you will be placed within the Zoom “Waiting Room.” The host will admit you to the training at the appropriate time.
Q: What is expected to participate virtually?
Community Expectations for Active Engagement
Virtual trainings can (and will) be interactive and engaging! Below are some general suggestions for how to actively and mindfully engage:
- Be in the “ASQ Zone” by removing distractions from your environment. For example, close applications for email, websites, or other applications that may affect your ability to participate.
- Create a comfortable workspace. Set up in a space where you can close the door and have space for your training materials and supplies.
- Reduce background noise. Consider wearing noise-cancelling headphones to limit distractions during the training.
Q: How do I successfully complete the Virtual ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session?
To successfully complete the Virtual Hands-On Learning Session, participants must
- attend video conference sessions using a desktop or laptop computer. Smartphones and tablets are not compatible with some of the activities planned for the training.
- attend the sessions with their webcameras enabled. The trainers must be able to see all participants. Webcams will also support interactive participation in various training activities. Webcams may be built into your computer or add-on attachments.
- attend sessions throughout the entire scheduled Learning Session, participating in all aspects of the training.
Q: I am a new to using ASQ Online, is this Learning Session for me?
This virtual learning session is suitable for every level of ASQ Online user, including administrators and providers. New users will learn how to integrate the online system with their current processes, and existing users will get tips on how to better utilize their system getting the maximum benefit. ASQ users considering implementing ASQ Online are also welcome to attend.
Q: I already use ASQ Online. What can I expect from this training?
Existing users will gain knowledge and experience to enhance their use of ASQ Online within their program. Users will get tips, strategies, and guidance from ASQ Online experts to ensure they are getting the maximum benefit from ASQ Online.
Q: Who are the ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session trainers?
MaryAlice Batts-Hatfield is an expert trainer who helps users at all experience levels navigate and improve their ASQ Online interactions. MaryAlice incorporates a thoughtful blend of lecture, demonstration and hands on learning in her training classes. She works directly with users to help them best organize and implement their account and to create repeatable processes so that all providers can utilize the ASQ Online system efficiently and successfully. MaryAlice has a background in education, customer service, business analytics and a B.S. in Computer Information Systems and has been working with Brookes Publishing for over 5 years.
Elaine Chan, M.S.
Elaine Chan is an independent early childhood consultant who combines 30 years of public school classroom teaching with clinical experience evaluating and diagnosing children with at-risk issues. As the lead coordinator/trainer for AZ Learning Institute’s Children’s Assessment and Staff Development Services, she participated in a network with the Valley of Sun United Way, including several AZ First Things First resource centers, public, private, and charter schools, and community and urban venues implementing ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 live and online screening programs. She is currently a member of the AZ First Things First Coordinated Screening System and Referral Work Group.
Gerald Smith is a Career Development Coordinator for early childhood professionals in Buffalo, New York. Working in the field for 17 years, he has diverse experience as a preschool teacher, child care center director, quality improvement mentor, professional development trainer, CDA PD specialist, and adjunct professor. Gerald has been training and supporting a wide variety of early childhood organizations in the implementation of ASQ screening programs, both the screening tool and the online platform, for almost a decade. These include child care centers, school districts, pediatrician offices, and home visiting programs, among others.
Learning Session Hours and Attendance Requirements
Q: What are the hours of the Learning Session?
The ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Sessions are one-day, 6 hour trainings that include lunch and rest breaks.
The times for each Learning Session vary. Please note the times for your specific Institute.
For the best possible Institute experience and to successfully complete the training, you must attend virtually during the appropriate hours for your specific session. Certificates of completion will be mailed at the conclusion of the Learning Session to those who successfully complete the entire Session.
Q: Do I need to attend the full Learning Session training?
Participants must stay for the entire time in order to successfully complete the training, no exceptions. Please avoid scheduling appointments or meetings during the training hours. Participation is monitored throughout the Learning Session. Certificates of completion will be mailed at the end to those who successfully complete the entire Institute.
Brookes reserves the right to withhold certificates based on lack of participation.
Q: During the training I will need to call my office for a meeting. Is that okay?
We understand that emergencies occur and that a call to the office may become necessary; outside of emergency circumstances, please try to avoid scheduling calls/meetings while you are in attendance at the Learning Session. If this is unavoidable, please attempt to limit these interruptions by scheduling them during breaks and lunches. As is noted, full attendance is required for successful completion of the training; please arrange your business calls and meetings accordingly.
Q: What products are required for the training?
You will only need a laptop or desktop computer with stable internet access to complete the ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session. No other products or materials are required for this training.
Q: Do I need to have the ASQ-3 and/or ASQ:SE-2 Paper Questionnaires or Starter Kits to the attend the virtual Learning Session?
No, you do not need to have the questionnaires for this training.
Q: Can I attend on my phone or tablet?
No, you must use a laptop or computer to complete this training. Phones and tablets do not have access to all of the features required to complete the training.
Registration Fees and Payment
Q: What is the registration fee?
The registration fee for the ASQ Online Hands-On Learning Session is $350.
Q: How do I pay for the training?
You may pay your registration fee with a credit card or purchase order. When you complete your registration form, be sure to indicate your payment type. Then email along with payment to: SEMINARS@BrookesPublishing.com. DO NOT SEND THE REGISTRATION FORMS BY U.S. MAIL.
We will not accept nor hold any registration forms unless payment is received at the time of registration.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
The following forms of payment are accepted by Brookes Publishing:
- Credit cards: Discover, Visa, Master Card, and American Express
- Purchase order: Submit your purchase order with your registration form
Q: Do you accept purchase orders?
Yes, we will be happy to process your purchase order with your registration form; please submit both when completing the registration process. We will not accept nor hold any registration forms unless the purchase order accompanies the registration.
Q: I registered but now I am unable to attend, what are my options?
- Register a Substitute: If you wish to register a substitute in your place, there will be a $75 administrative fee. Both the administrative fee of $75 and the registration form for the new individual must be completed and sent by email no later than the substitution deadline (refer to Institute page for specific deadline dates). After the substitution deadline, we are unable to accept substitutions and the participant may either transfer to another seminar in 2021 or cancel their registration and forfeit their payment.
- Transfer to another Institute: We would be glad to accept your registration into another Institute based on availability. There will be a $325.00 transfer fee to transfer to another Institute. Additionally, if the registration fee for the new Institute is higher (for instance, the early bird registration has passed) you will be responsible to pay the difference between the original registration fee paid and the current Institute’s registration fee. The transfer fee of $325.00 must be paid prior to being approved for the transfer.
- Cancel: If you must cancel your attendance completely, all cancellations must be received in writing by email. Cancellations received prior to the cancellation deadline (refer to Institute page for specific deadline dates), will receive a 75% refund. Cancellations received after the cancellation deadline, are non-refundable.
Haven’t found the answer to your question?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will try our best to answer your question.