Preschool-Wide Evaluation Tool, Research Edition
Use to evaluate
Program-wide positive behavior intervention and support (PW-PBIS) implementation at the universal tier
An unbiased outside observer (i.e., behavior consultant, inclusion coordinator, school psychologist)
1–2 hours to evaluate the whole program, depending on program size. 15–30 minutes to score
Are your program’s PBIS efforts working?
Pinpoint which positive behavior interventions are effective with PreSET
Based on the widely used and highly regarded School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET), the Preschool-Wide Evaluation Tool™ (PreSET™) assesses program-wide PBIS in all types of early childhood settings. Conducted twice a year by an unbiased outside observer—such as a behavior consultant, inclusion coordinator, or school psychologist—PreSET takes an accurate snapshot of a program’s PBIS through a review of program documents, classroom observations, and interviews with the administrator, teachers, and a few children from each classroom.
- Assess universal features of effective PBIS across 8 key categories, including behavioral expectations, family involvement, and program support
- Better support critical social-emotional skills children need for kindergarten
- Measure progress toward goals and see at a glance how your program is progressing
- Target quality improvement efforts and develop a plan to strengthen behavior interventions
- Identify professional development needs for teachers
What You'll Need
CD-ROM with all printable forms
Additional products and resources
Training and free webinars
Get training on Using PreSET to Assess Program-Wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Support from Brookes on Location.
Using the PreSET™ to measure, monitor, and achieve positive behavioral interventions and supports in early childhood settings Webinar
For early childhood programs, learn how to assess and improve your program-wide PBIS system through a review of documents, classroom observations, and interviews using the PreSET.
You might also be interested in
Read an in-depth Q&A with the developers about how programs can assess program-wide PBIS in early childhood settings.