Virtual Introduction to ASQ Institute FAQs
Please note that we have a specific number of seats available for the Institute. The demand is high and seating is limited and will fill quickly. We cannot guarantee that seating will be available through the registration cutoff date. Registration may be closed prior to the cutoff date due to reaching maximum capacity.
Please refer to the specific Institute page for important deadlines.
About the Institute
Q: How do I participate in the Virtual Introduction to ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE-2 Institute?
Joining the Training through Zoom
Each Zoom meeting has a unique Zoom invitation link and password. You will be sent the Zoom link by email. When you receive the link, you will need to “register” for the training (please do so ahead of time). To register for the training:
- You will need to complete the Zoom registration form.
- After registering, you will receive an automated email with an access link. The link is unique to you. Do not forward or share it.
Plan to join the training about 10 minutes before the start time. This will allow you to address any technological issues before the meeting begins. When you join the training, you will be placed within the Zoom “Waiting Room.” The host will admit you to the training at the appropriate time.
Q: What is expected to participate virtually?
Community Expectations for Active Engagement
Virtual trainings can (and will) be interactive and engaging! Below are some general suggestions for how to actively and mindfully engage:
- Be in the “ASQ Zone” by removing distractions from your environment. For example, close applications for email, websites, or other applications that may affect your ability to participate.
- Create a comfortable workspace. Set up in a space where you can close the door and have space for your training materials and supplies.
- Reduce background noise. Consider wearing noise-cancelling headphones to limit distractions during the training.
Q: How do I successfully complete the virtual ASQ Institute?
To successfully complete the Virtual Training Institute, participants must
- attend video conference sessions using a desktop or laptop computer. Smartphones and tablets are not compatible with some of the activities planned for the training.
- attend the sessions with their webcameras enabled. The trainers must be able to see all participants. Webcams will also support interactive participation in various training activities. Webcams may be built into your computer or add-on attachments.
- attend sessions on both days, participating in all aspects of the training.
- have the Introduction to ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE-2 training materials with them during the training sessions. The training materials will be shipped to the participants preferred shipping address (cannot ship to a P.O. Box) by Brookes in advance.
Q: Do I need to have the ASQ-3 and/or ASQ:SE-2 Paper Questionnaires or Starter Kits to attend the virtual training?
Q: What are the hours of the Introduction to ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 Institute training?
The Institute hours are 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME.
For the best possible Institute experience and to successfully complete the training, please plan to attend virtually every day from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. through the conclusion on Friday. Certificates of completion and the flash drive of training materials will be mailed at the conclusion of the Institute to those who successfully complete the entire Institute.
Q: I am a new to using ASQ-3 and/or ASQ:SE-2, is this Institute for me?
Yes! The newly created Introduction to ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 is designed for beginner ASQ users who are interested in learning more about these two screening products.
Q: I already use ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2, what can I expect from this training?
The Introduction to ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE-2 Institute is your opportunity to network with colleagues, have questions answered by our expert speakers, and learn how to use ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2.
Q: Do I need to attend the full Institute training?
Participants must stay for the entire time on both days in order to successfully complete the training, no exceptions. Please avoid scheduling appointments or meetings during the training hours. Participation is monitored. Certificates of completion will be emailed after the Institute to those who successfully complete the Institute.
Q: During the training I will need to call my office for a meeting. Is that okay?
We understand that emergencies occur and that a call to the office may become necessary; outside of emergency circumstances, please try to avoid scheduling calls/meetings while you are in attendance at the Institute. If this is unavoidable, please attempt to limit these interruptions by scheduling them during breaks and lunches. As is noted, full attendance is required for successful completion of the training; please arrange your business calls and meetings accordingly.
Q: Who are the Institute trainers?
Institute trainers are people who have been involved in the authorship, development, and/or research of the ASQ-3 and/or the ASQ:SE-2. All have extensive experience in early childhood and early childhood intervention. Many are currently professors at universities in the United States.
Q: Will I meet any of the ASQ-3 or ASQ:SE-2 authors during the virtual Institute?
Yes! Our Institute trainers are expert speakers and contributing authors on either ASQ-3, ASQ:SE-2, or both!
Registration Fees and Payment
Q: What is the registration fee?
Early bird registration: USD $425.00 per person; registrations must be received before the early bird registration deadline. After the early bird registration deadline, price increases to US $450.00 per person. Refer to the Institute page for specific deadline dates.
Q: How do I pay for the training?
You may pay your registration fee with a credit card or purchase order.
When you complete your registration form, be sure to indicate your payment type. Then email along with payment to: SEMINARS@BrookesPublishing.com. DO NOT SEND THE REGISTRATION FORMS BY U.S. MAIL.
We will not accept nor hold any registration forms unless payment is received at the time of registration.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
The following forms of payment are accepted by Brookes Publishing:
- Credit cards: Discover, Visa, Master Card, and American Express
- Purchase order: Submit your purchase order with your registration form
Q: Do you accept purchase orders?
Yes, we will be happy to process your purchase order with your registration form; please submit both when completing the registration process. We will not accept nor hold any registration forms unless the purchase order accompanies the registration.
Q: I registered but now I am unable to attend, what are my options?
- Register a Substitute: If you wish to register a substitute in your place, there will be a $75 administrative fee. Both the administrative fee of $75 and the registration form for the new individual must be completed and sent by email no later than the substitution deadline (refer to Institute page for specific deadline dates). After the substitution deadline, we are unable to accept substitutions and the participant may either transfer to another seminar in 2021 or cancel their registration and forfeit their payment.
- Transfer to another Institute: We would be glad to accept your registration into another Institute based on availability. There will be a $325.00 transfer fee to transfer to another Institute. Additionally, if the registration fee for the new Institute is higher (for instance, the early bird registration has passed) you will be responsible to pay the difference between the original registration fee paid and the current Institute’s registration fee. The transfer fee of $325.00 must be paid prior to being approved for the transfer.
- Cancel: If you must cancel your attendance completely, all cancellations must be received in writing by email. Cancellations received prior to the cancellation deadline (refer to Institute page for specific deadline dates), will receive a 75% refund. Cancellations received after the cancellation deadline, are non-refundable.
Haven’t found the answer to your question?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will try our best to answer your question.