Use to evaluate
TPRI assesses student progress in critical reading domains, including phonemic awareness, graphophonemic knowledge, word reading, comprehension, accuracy, and fluency
K–3 students receiving primary reading instruction in English
Approximately 10-30 minutes in kindergarten, 10-45 minutes in Grade 1, and 10-15 minutes in Grades 2 & 3
Real reading progress in K–3
The research-based system trusted nationwide
How can K–3 teachers identify struggling readers early, deliver data-informed instruction targeted to students’ needs, and make sure their interventions are really working? Now there’s a simple answer: TPRI®, the research-based system that helps teachers teach and helps ensure that students make real reading progress.
Shaped by the feedback of thousands of educators and used successfully in more than 75,000 classrooms across the country, TPRI® solves key challenges for everyone.
- teachers are empowered with everything they need to link assessment data with targeted interventions and solve their students’ reading problems
- students who may be at risk for reading failure get individualized help before problems escalate
- schools get a detailed overview on every student and classroom, so they’ll have the accurate data they need to make critical decisions about instruction and professional development.
- The Texas Education Agency
- The University of Texas System
- The University of Houston System
What You'll Need
Reading Comprehension Story Booklet
Additional products and resources
You might also be interested in
TPRI® and Tejas LEE® are registered trademarks of The Texas Education Agency. Monitoreo del progreso para lectores emergentes™ is a trademark of The University of Texas System and The University of Houston System. Progress Monitoring for Beginning Readers™ and Monitoreo del progreso para lectores principiantes™ is a trademark of The Texas Education Agency.