August 17-19 Virtual ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE-2 Training of Trainers Institute
More about the institute
August 17-19, 2020
11:00 am – 6:00 pm ET
Meet Your Presenters
is an Associate Professor of Special Education at Brandman University. Sue received her degree from the University of Oregon Early Intervention Program and has research interests in early identification for disabilities and early childhood mental health. She consults nationally and internationally on developmental screening of young children using ASQ and ASQ:SE.
is an Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education Specialist for EC CARES in Lane County, Oregon. Jane received her master’s degree from the University of Oregon Early Intervention Program. She was the original ASQ Outreach Project Coordinator, providing training and consultation on systematic use of the ASQ in 25 states.
Attend a virtual ASQ Training Institute from the comfort of your own home or office and learn everything you need to know to instruct your colleagues in using Ages & Stages Questionnaires®, Third Edition (ASQ®-3), and Ages & Stages Questionnaires®: Social-Emotional, Second Edition (ASQ®:SE-2).
This 3-day interactive training provided via Zoom shows you how to
- implement ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 effectively
- score questionnaires and interpret results
- discuss results sensitively with families
- understand the referral process
- work with families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- teach others within your organization how to successfully use ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2
Who should attend?
Intermediate to advanced ASQ® users who already oversee ASQ implementation and ASQ training within their organization; participants will leave the Institute prepared to instruct colleagues on ASQ-3 and/or ASQ:SE-2. However, new ASQ users also may find the Institute beneficial to their understanding and implementation of ASQ-3 and/or ASQ:SE-2. All participants will receive valuable information to advance their skill level and knowledge of the tools.
About the training
During the virtual Institute, you’ll receive video instruction from an ASQ expert and participate in interactive break-out sessions with other training participants. You’ll receive practice forms, case studies, and a binder with handouts for conducting trainings within your organization.
This institute is currently SOLD OUT!
INSTITUTE REGISTRATION cutoff date: August 3, 2020
SUBSTITUTION/CANCELLATION: Cancellations are non-refundable.
*Registration may be closed prior to the cutoff date due to reaching maximum capacity.
No problem, see our most frequently asked questions, and read on for details about this institute.
Your registration fee will include a 3-day virtual training where participants will learn how to lead an ASQ-3 and/or ASQ:SE-2 introduction seminar for their own program. You will receive a training binder with practice forms, case stories, and training materials in the mail. Upon successful completion of the Institute, a certificate of attendance and a USB flash drive of training materials will be mailed to you.
This institute is currently SOLD OUT!
To successfully complete the Virtual Training Institute, participants must
- attend video conference sessions using a desktop or laptop computer. Smartphones and tablets are not compatible with some of the activities planned for the training.
- attend the sessions with their webcameras enabled. The trainers must be able to see all participants. Webcams will also support interactive participation in various training activities. Webcams may be built into your computer or add-on attachments.
- attend sessions throughout the entire three days, participating in all aspects of the training. The Institute will be conducted on August 17–19 from 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
- have copies of ASQ®-3 User’s Guide and the ASQ®:SE-2 User’s Guide with them during the training sessions. If you need copies, you can purchase them at brookespublishing.com with savings code PREASQTX to receive a 20% discount.
- have the ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE-2 Training of Trainers Handbook with them during the training sessions. This Handbook will be shipped to their preferred address by Brookes in advance.